When you’re having a home inspected in WI, it’s important to choose the right home inspection company. You want to go with one that is reputable, has been in the business for awhile and knows the ins and outs of home inspection services in WI. AmeriSpec Home Inspection has been in this line of business for many years. In fact, we’ve performed more than 15 million home inspection services in WI and the surrounding area. In this blog, we are going to cover some of the most common home inspection services myths.
- The home inspector is not there to look for problems with the home. During the home inspection process, the inspectors are actually there to report on the condition of the home on the day of the home inspection. So the report will include both positive and negative aspects of the home.
- Home inspection services are not performed so 100% of the risk of buying a home is eliminated: home inspectors are called in to reduce the risk of buying a home.
- Home inspectors are not construction experts. They know enough about construction to properly conduct a home inspection, but the home inspectors are not experts on home construction.
- Not all defects will be caught. Minor ones might be overlooked. The purpose of home inspection services is to find the major defects, but there is no guarantee that nothing will break down between the time the WI home inspection services are performed and your closing date.
- Not every single thing found in a home inspection needs to be fixed. What is eventually fixed is up to the purchase agreement or the real estate agents.
- Home inspection services are a visual inspection. That means your WI home inspector will be looking at everything with his or her own two eyes. Home inspectors aren’t there to dismantle everything in the house to look for problems. Sure, access panels and inspection covers will be open if possible. But there is simply no way for the home inspector to see every little detail.
When you’re ready to have your WI home inspected, call AmeriSpec Home Inspection at (952) 854-5110 or contact us online for more information about our WI home inspection services.
The knowledge, skill and experience required to follow these “tips” varies; if you are in doubt as to your ability to properly and safely implement these suggestions, call a qualified professional first. Every home appliance and system is different as are the problems that can affect them. Accordingly, the above-referenced tips are meant only as suggestions to be considered for the listed problems. AmeriSpec cannot be responsible for any damages arising from any actions taken pursuant to tips provided herein. This list is not exhaustive and other remedies may be needed in addition to those listed above.