When it comes to buying a home, buyers can use all the help they can get; this is especially true for first time home buyers. When purchasing a home, many first time home buyers are unaware of some of the issues a home can pose as well as some of the technology that can be used to help identify these issues. Infrared thermal imaging is one of these lesser known technologies that can make a huge difference in identifying small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house. Infrared thermal imaging can even identify problematic areas that a visual inspection could only hypothesize. As the experts in inspection offering infrared thermal imaging for the Twin Cities, we would like to educate area home buyers on this essential service.
Our infrared thermal imaging is not an add-on service because we believe in its ability to detect issues otherwise overlooked. Electrical problems can be revealed as well as heat and energy loss, missing insulation, ventilation problems and more. Here are some of the major problems we can find with the infrared camera:
- If the home has radiators, we can determine if all parts of the radiator are working properly.
- Find any plumbing leaks using ceiling stains as a tip off. Water will typically give up its heat at a slower rate than its surrounding ceiling materials because of its high thermal capacity, so we can see with just one image if any areas have accumulated moisture.
- See if there are voids in insulation. When we scan walls, floors and ceilings with the camera we can see differences in temperature and conductivity throughout the home which tell us about hidden missing insulation and other components.
- Ensure the electrical panel is not overheating. Infrared thermal imaging can identify the source of electrical problems quickly and accurately. This can add huge value to a home, while preventing injury and property damage.
- Identify if all of the in-floor heat coils are operating for those with heated floors. This is very important for not only comfort but safety as well.
- And more
Whether it’s your first home or your 10th home, when buying your dream house, make sure it doesn’t have hidden headaches with infrared thermal imaging. To learn more about infrared thermal imaging for your Twin Cities home inspection, call us at AmeriSpec Home Inspection Service at 952-854-5110, or you can Contact Us.