If you’re buying a new home, then you know how tedious the process of house hunting can be. But, even more worry can arise if you don’t have a home inspection done on the house or property in Stillwater MN you’re thinking about buying. A thorough home inspection tells you what, if anything, is wrong with the property you may buy.
A home inspection is a powerful tool to have on your side. Here are some things a home inspection will cover:
- Foundation. Are the cracks? Is it because of settling or problems with the soil or structure?
- Roof & Gutters. Is it in good shape? Is it more than 10 years old? Are the gutters clogged? Are the gutters and downspouts attached to the home?
- Siding. Does the siding need painting? Has it become weathered?
- Windows. When was the last time the windows were replaced? Are they properly caulked?
- Electrical. Do you require more of a load than the current electrical system can handle?
- Heating and air. Do the filters need changed? Is the system around 15 years old?
- Ducts and vents. Are they cleaned? Is there proper insulation?
- Water heater. Is it around 15 years old?
Other areas in the home are purely cosmetic, and won’t be looked at in the home inspection report. Remember that home inspectors are there to look over the integrity of the home’s structure, not to judge its interior aesthetics.
A comprehensive home inspection will be able to tell you whether the home you’re looking at is worth it, or if it’s just going to cause you more issues in the long term.
Need a home inspection in Stillwater? Give us a call at 952-854-5110.
The knowledge, skill and experience required to follow these “tips” varies; if you are in doubt as to your ability to properly and safely implement these suggestions, call a qualified professional first. Every home appliance and system is different as are the problems that can affect them. Accordingly, the above-referenced tips are meant only as suggestions to be considered for the listed problems. AmeriSpec cannot be responsible for any damages arising from any actions taken pursuant to tips provided herein. This list is not exhaustive and other remedies may be needed in addition to those listed above.