Radon is a common problem in Minnesota homes, which is why it is so important to get radon testing experts, like the ones at AmeriSpec Home Inspection Service, to come to your home and test it. Knowledge is power, so if you know your home has radon in it, you can take the necessary steps to get rid of it to keep yourself and your family as healthy as possible. We cannot emphasize enough the importance of radon testing. Minnesota homes are at a pretty high risk of having radon problems. Get the peace of mind you need by hiring our team to come out and check your home.
In the meantime, here are a few interesting facts about radon:
• Friedrich Ernst Dorn, a German physicist, discovered radon in 1900 and called it radon emanation. Robert Whytlaw Gray and William Ramsay isolated radon, determined its density and named it niton about eight years later.
• Radon is the heaviest known gas and it is radioactive.
• The current recommendation is that if radon testing determines there is more than 4 pCi/l of radon in your Minnesota home, action should be taken.
• When radium decays, radon is produced. But radon isn’t all bad. Hospitals can use it to treat cancer and other diseases.
• The U.S. Surgeon General recommends that all homes in the United States have radon testing done.
• If radon testing determines your Minnesota home has radon, there is a process called “mitigation” that can fix the problem. Active Soil Depressurization (ASD) is the most common mitigation method.
When you need radon testing done in your Minnesota home, call AmeriSpec Home Inspection Services at (952) 854-5110 or contact us online for more information on our radon testing services. We will be happy to answer any questions you have about radon testing and how we can help you.